Thursday 20 November 2014

The Little Boy Who Lost His Name - Children's Book Review

I first stumbled upon this book when searching for a gift for a friend's new baby. I happily ordered one and sent it there way, but then soon after wished I had purchased one for Elliott as well. Well, the folks at Lost My Name were gracious enough to send me a free copy in exchange for this review. Lucky me!

This awesome children's book is personalized for each child. The book starts out by explaining that the child lost their name and plans to go on an adventure to find it.




The website is very easy to navigate. You simply type in the child's name (up to 12 letters) and they show you a preview of what that child's book will look like. As the child walks along through the story they encounter different characters that each hand over a letter- eventually spelling the child's entire name!

The little boy in Elliott's book first meets an eagle, then a lion, and so forth (I'd hate to spoil it for you!) Each character gets two full spread pages to interact with the little boy.


The best part is that there are no repeats - you'll notice we spell Elliott's name with two L's and two T's. I was worried that the "filler" character that was used for the second L would be repeated for the second T, but was very pleased to see it was not!



The story ends with the boy arriving home and crawling into bed (where the story begins) He is tired and weary from his grand adventure, and thankful he found his name: ELLIOTT.



Aside from how adorable the concept is, this book is incredibly well made. The illustrations are fantastic, and even the pages feel really nice and thick. My only wish is that it was hard cover, but from what I spied over on their Facebook page, they are working hard to have a hardcover version available by Christmas!

There are a number of positives to this book, from the ability to write a personalized message in the first page, to the fact that they offer discounts on multiple book orders. 10% off your second book, 15% off the third, 20% off the fourth... all the way to 25% off the fifth and every book after. Oh, and did I mention there is free shipping world wide?? It took two weeks to come in the mail, which means you all have plenty of time to order in time for Christmas!

Head on over to my Facebook page and find out how you can get 15% off your book!

Disclaimer - While I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for this review, all opinions expressed are my own.


Like what you've read? Consider following me Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!





Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment