2. Go Snowshoeing with my love (There's a story here...) Sadly this didn't happen- I missed the boat during the snow season, which in my defense was quite short last winter.
3. Make homemade salsa. I wish I could say I did this one. I have a few garden tomatoes that are perfectly ripe and begging for this to happen, but.... I just didn't do it.
6. Create a Numbers spreadsheet for our budget (Get out of the paper & pen dark ages) Nope. Every single month I continued with my very comfortable method of writing it all done. Old habits dies hard I guess.
7. Go skating at the rink near our house - Again... very sad, but I missed the boat on this one :(
10. Paint our entire home (ALL rooms!) Our Bedroom Re-do more than makes up for the fact that the bathrooms still aren't painted ;)
12. Jump off 30 ft diving board at Kinsmen Swimming Pool Attempted!!! But no.... not done
15. Make a photo book with all our wedding pictures. From what I have heard form everyone, these photo books can take FOREVER to make... so I think I might stick with the traditional photo album for this one.
20. Go to a driving range and a hit a golf ball (for the first time) Nope :(
24. Rent a tandem bike with my hubby! (I originally thought this wasn't possible, but turns out it is! We'll just have to go to Calgary for it!) Funny story... we got all the way to the rental place and decided not to because we had no way to transport the bike and didn't want to pay for the day's rental just to ride it around the parking lot.
So in conclusion, I scratched off 17 out of 26 things. Not only is that a passing grade, but with 65% if this were a high school 20 level course I would have just squeaked by into the 30 level. (Oh, deja vu!)
I feel pretty good about it though - most of these things wouldn't have been attempted (Such as the scarf, and the turducken) if it weren't for the added incentive of the list. I certainly could have finished more things if I had really tried, but there were some choices made when it came to "Am I just doing this so I can check it off the list? Wouldn't I rather do ____ instead" in which case I often chose not to do said thing.
As of today I do not have a list for this next year. For the most part, I had a lot of trouble thinking of 27 things. I've thought about changing the list to only cooking and baking orientated tasks, in which case I will likely be a lot more motivated. We'll see! Thanks to everyone that followed along this year to see my progress. I certainly hope you don't feel let down with my results. no, scratch that - don't feel let down. I'm not disappointed, so why would you be? ;)
Like what you've read? aside from following this blog, you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!
Thanks for stopping by :)