Wednesday 25 September 2013

13 Weeks Pregnant


Taken at 13 Weeks, 3 Days



How Far Along? 13 Weeks, 6 days

Anything making you queasy or sick? Aside from just plain being pregnant? Nah. I mean, still ceasar salad and hummus, but that's pretty minor. I forgot to mention last week- coffee has turned my stomach since day one as well. It's quite sad because the smell is still appealing, but as soon as I have a sip I'm grossed right out. This week I ordered pasta with alfredo sauce and shrimp on it, and the shrimp was not happening. Thankfully it didn't "taint" the pasta so once I picked it off I could still enjoy my meal.

Food Cravings? Still anything Mexican and anything spicy. I'm going to enjoy this as long as I can for fear of 2nd Trimester heartburn! 

Mood? Pretty good! Chris and I are still constantly amazed that there's a baby growing inside of me. Even when I'm feeling sick I still feel overwhelmingly happy that it's actually happening. Seriously. Guys. We're going to have a baby!! 

Symptoms? Still pretty much the same as last week. I have more good days than bad. Good days are defined as a day where I don't feel nauseated all day, but instead have breaks- moments where I feel somewhat normal. These moments seem to be lasting for longer and longer. I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! 

Sleep? Pretty good! This past week I have had no trouble getting back to sleep when I get up 2-3 times per night. I also fall asleep really well. 

Movement? Still nothing! They say 16-20 weeks is normal, so I probably have a few more weeks still before I feel anything. 

Best moment of the week? I'm pretty blessed to have a husband that rubs my feet often, so I'd say my best moments (plural) have been in the evenings when Chris rubs my feet. SO good. 

Looking forward to? Feeling better. It's soon, right?


Belly Button in or out? In 

Stretch marks? No 

Nursery Progress? We cleaned up the room a little- enough that I no longer feel like I need to have the door closed when company comes over. All the baby stuff is piled in one corner, and then the where-do-we-put-this junk is in another corner. I see floor space. Trust me: this is progress. 

Funniest Pregnant Moment of the Week: One day I was feeling sick all day, and dinner time was approaching, but I hadn't even looked at the meal plan and to be honest I was feeling so queasy I wasn't that hungry anyways. Most of the time this happens, I defer to Chris, but this particular day he was knee deep in homework-land. What's a girl to do? Well, I remembered that on our last grocery trip I had picked up the ultimate treat- something we haven't purchased for at least a year: Kraft Dinner. MMmmm. All of a sudden I felt a little hungry. I happily started to make it, until I poured that synthetic cheese powder into the pot and discovered the color was.... a little off. Brown to be exact. (Serves me right..?) Needless to say I had a tiny emotional meltdown as I washed the brown goo down the sink and made a scratch alfredo sauce. Yes, it was real food with real ingredients and way better for me, but dang it, I just wanted KD!




Like what you've read? Consider following me on Bloglovin (button below), or you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!
Follow on Bloglovin





Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this post as well as your image, keep uploading
    best gynecologist in dubai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cm hospital will let you to be aware as well cautious during pregnancy with the optimal and the life style which would be better in order to carry yourself Gynecologist In Adambakkam gives you best suggestion to provide you the safer pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete