Wednesday 2 October 2013

14 Weeks Pregnant


Taken at 14 Weeks, 3 Days


How Far Along? 14 Weeks, 6 Days

Anything making you queasy or sick? This week the thought of meatloaf completely turned my stomach. I'm afraid it might be a long term aversion (as opposed to the many in-the-moment aversions I've had) because even as I type this I'm feeling a little gaggy (is that a word?)


Food Cravings? Poutine. (Oh how I love poutine!) Which I had on Sunday afternoon and it was delicious!

Mood? Honestly, not so great. I acquired a nasty head cold right at the beginning of Week 14 and it really sucks. I'm actually a huge wuss when it comes to being sick to begin with, so not being able to take Nyquil to help me sleep or at least Sudafed to relieve the pressure in my sinuses has been a challenge. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting by (Once again, only with the help of my fantastic husband who brings me water, covers me with a blanket and kisses me on the forehead) and I think it is definitely getting better (dare I say, almost gone?) but it's just not awesome, ya know?

Symptoms? Just the usual stuff. Still feeling nauseous, but that seems to be secondary to my cold symptoms, so I guess that means it's getting better? (Blessing in disguise?) I've had a bit more trouble with digestion as of late. I'm learning that overeating hurts ten times as much as it used to, and I need to pay a bit more attention to my body telling me I'm full. (aka much smaller dinner portions)

Sleep?  Oh my goodness. Do we even want to go here? Sinus cold = not breathing = not sleeping.

Movement? Not yet


Best moment of the week? Oh that one's easy. On Sunday afternoon I was feeling so miserable and sick and had barely slept the night before. Chris told me to go take a nap even though we had to clean up the house a bit before we had people over that evening. I told him I would help clean up once I got up in an hour or so, but as I laid there awake (because I couldn't fall asleep - so frustrating!) I could hear him clean up the entire house by himself. What a blessing he is to me!!

Looking forward to? Getting over this cold completely. Blech.


Belly Button in or out? In 

Stretch marks? No 

Nursery Progress?  We managed to go through most of the junk this weekend which felt fantastic. Unfortunately, while it is almost all sorted right now, it's still in the room waiting to be donated / taken to the dump. I mean sure, almost all the same junk is in there, but now it's organized junk. Definite progress.

Funniest Pregnant Moment of the Week: Oh boy. It seems that not much is funny when I'm sick because I can't think of one thing. Sorry guys, I don't mean to be such a downer! Hopefully I'll be feeling a bit more like myself next week.


Like what you've read? Consider following me on Bloglovin (button below), or you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!
Follow on Bloglovin





Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment