Wednesday 15 January 2014

29 Weeks Pregnant


Taken at 29 Weeks, 3 Days

How Far Along? 29 Weeks, 6 Days

Anything making you queasy or sick? Feeling better than last week, but it is quite clear that I need to be very diligent with eating again. Can't let my stomach empty (even a little) or else I start to feel nauseated.

Food Cravings? Not really.

Mood? I feel like my mood has been pretty good, but if anyone has been counting my tears they might not believe me. It's weird to say, but the amount of times I have cried this week really isn't a good measure of my mood! I swear- I feel good!

 Symptoms? First of all - a growing belly. I know I say this one all the time, but seriously guys. Look at last week, and then this week. Crazy! Lots of Braxton Hicks (maybe 8-10 per day) which I still find so fascinating and cool. My pelvis pain is still here (and probably won't disappear completely) but I find that on the days I forget to take the evening dose of Lecithin it is worse, and even wakes me up a little in the night as I turn over etc. Overall it isn't unmanageable at all though, and for that I am very thankful! I think I might try out the chiropractor soon to see if realigning my pelvis will help with the pain at all. My biggest complaint this week would be my ribs. It seems baby is running out of space and sitting at my desk or really anywhere at all causes a dull achy pain just below my bra line. Getting up to stretch does wonders... but so does laying down. If only I could set up a couch behind my desk I'd be set.

Sleep? Not so great this past week. A few nights I had trouble getting to sleep, and then the other nights it seems like I woke up way too many times. I think perhaps the Lord is preparing me for functioning on less than 8 hours... ;)

Movement? Baby is moving all the time. My midwife said at this point I should be feeling baby move at least 6-8 times in any given 2 hour period. The more I started paying attention to it, the more I realized just how much baby really does move! Not always pronounced kicks that can be felt from the outside (although a fair amount of them!) but just squirmy little movements. Obviously... I'm loving it.

Best moment of the week? I think I would have to say my midwife appointment on Monday. I just can't stop talking about how much I love my midwife Tara. She is the best. Going to appointments with her feel like going for a quick coffee with a friend with the added bonus of hearing the baby's heartbeat at the end. This most recent appointment we went half an hour over our time because we got so caught up in chatting. I am so blessed to have her- and the fact that she shares the same strong faith that I do is the icing on the cake!

Looking forward to? Starting to decorate the nursery- hopefully this weekend. Seriously guys, I've been waiting my whole life for this. I heart decorating.

Belly Button in or out? Still in, and hasn't changed in weeks. Tara commented that she thinks it will probably stay in, but only time will tell for sure.

Stretch marks? Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Nursery Progress? Paint is almost complete. It had to happen in stages, partially because of how we chose to paint, and partially because we're just too busy to devote a whole day or weekend to it! It is nearly done now, and will definitely be done by the weekend. Oh man... I am SO excited.

Baby Loot: Not sure if I mentioned it last week, but I got a couple wet bags for the cloth diapers. Also, baby got his or her very first outfit! We visited our friends Jason and Danielle this past weekend to meet their new little one and were surprised by a sweet little outfit, a couple swaddling blankets (that coincidentally match our nursery theme/colors!) and a soft little bear. So very sweet.

Funniest Pregnant Moment of the Week: Oh boy, I could probably pick one of my crying outbursts, but I'd rather not explain them all. Bottom line though- my emotions are right on the surface these days and it doesn't take long for me to look back and realize how silly it was of me to get upset. (Hence the funny part)




Like what you've read? Consider following me on Bloglovin (button below), or you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!
Follow on Bloglovin





Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment