Wednesday 6 November 2013

19 Weeks Pregnant


Taken at 19 Weeks, 3 days

How Far Along? 19 Weeks, 6 Days

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope! I even had some hummus this week and loved it! Woo hoo!

Food Cravings? There was a night this week where I craved tortellini with alfredo sauce at about 10 pm. Thankfully I had the good sense not to try to fulfill it in that moment, and I thought it had subsided until I started answering this question....


Mood? For the most part, really great. There was one night that Chris and I had a disagreement and I felt like my hormones completely took over. It's a little frustrating to know that you are overreacting, but not be able to control it.

Symptoms? My back has been feeling really good. I have another adjustment with my chiropractor today, and I suspect that after this one I won't need to go back for a while. Sooo thankful for the great work this chiropractor has done! I still have no heartburn (Hallelujah!) but have had a couple leg cramps this week. Oh, and round ligament pain- I've had that since my first trimester and always forget to mention it.

Sleep? I've had a couple nights of not great sleep (harder time getting back to sleep after getting up to pee) but I am still falling asleep with no problem and still fairly comfortable throughout the night. I think my body is just slowly adjusting to being a little less on my stomach and a little more on my side. I don't know why I expected all of a sudden I would have to give up sleeping on my stomach, but that's how I pictured it. I'm very thankful it is happening gradually and I am barely noticing the change. I do have a Snoogle pillow (curvy body pillow made for pregnant woman) and so far don't need it (or really like it) We'll see what happens down the road though!


Movement? The kicks are getting stronger and much more frequent. Loving it! On Monday I was laying on the couch and could feel the baby kicking pretty hard. I lifted up my shirt and actually saw my stomach move. Whhhaaa??? Chris still hasn't felt baby move from the outside (not for a lack of trying!) and there I was seeing it? I think maybe I have been able to feel it from the outside a couple times, but it seems every time Chris puts his hand there baby doesn't kick quite as hard. Can't be much longer now...

Best moment of the week? We had an ultrasound on Monday afternoon and it was soooo fun to see baby!! The craziest part of it for me was when she was showing us the head, and then moving the wand across my stomach showing us the spine all the way to the bum, and all I could think was "Wait- the head is there, and the bum is all the way over there???" It was also so cool to see the baby move his or her little hands and feet in real time. I don't know how to explain it, but it was just the coolest thing in the world to me to see a hand move and know it was happening right there inside my belly!

Looking forward to? Going shopping this weekend with my Mother in law! We're going to get a few more maternity clothes for me. I'm really excited about it :)

Belly Button in or out? In 

Stretch marks? No

Nursery Progress? No change from last week... my next goal is to get the dresser/change table sanded, primed and painted before the end of this month.

Baby Loot: I bought a nursing cover from one of those Facebook buy/sell groups this week (MomSwap anyone?) for super cheap!


Funniest Pregnant Moment of the Week: On Friday night Chris and I had finished up cleaning up from dinner after our company had left and all of a sudden we realized that it might snow overnight.... and we still had a gigantic pile of leave in the middle of our front lawn. We live in an older neighborhood and the trees are HUGE. Chris had raked up the leaves a few weeks ago, and each week he was shoveling a huge pile into our green bin (organic waste bin) but it had barely made a dent. So, at 9 o'clock we decided to go out and bag the leaves. It was a fun time- the two of us giggling that our neighbours must think we were nuts. The funniest part though was when Chris asked how I was feeling... and then asked how my heart rate was doing. Ha ha!! It was hilarious. I assured him that holding a bag while he stuffed leaves in it was not too much exercise for me (If only he saw what I've been doing at prenatal fitness class, I think he'd be less worried)



Like what you've read? Consider following me on Bloglovin (button below), or you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!
Follow on Bloglovin





Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment