Wednesday 13 November 2013

20 Weeks Pregnant


Taken at 20 Weeks, 3 Days

How Far Along? 20 Weeks, 6 Days

Anything making you queasy or sick? Hmm. I had a night this week where I felt really sick and almost thought I was getting the flu. Some chicken noodle soup fixed me right up though, and I felt fine the next morning so I'm calling it a fluke.


Food Cravings? One night I had a craving for a hot spinach and artichoke dip, and luckily we were having friends over for dinner so I had the perfect excuse to make it. I used this recipe, tripling the garlic (which I do with most recipes...) and it was AMAZING.

Mood? Fantastic. I'm loving watching my belly grow, and have no complaints at all! Also, I can't believe I'm more than halfway now. Crazy with a capitol C

Symptoms? Honestly, I just feel great. Aside from the fluke-y sick night, I have no issues.

Sleep? Still sleeping pretty good. I've been watching the times of night that I drink water and can sometimes get away with not getting up at all to pee until morning. I think my mommy-senses (you know, like spidey-senses?) are kicking in early though, because I wake up at the slightest noise now. Aka: my husband snoring. Just last night I got a little frustrated when turning him over didn't work and I "flailed" (his words) a little in frustration. He then moved to the couch which made me super sad in my sleepy state. Thankfully it was only half an hour before my alarm went off, so it wasn't the end of the world. Sorry again sweetheart!

Movement? Chris finally felt a kick!!! Soooo exciting! He had been trying for so long, that I think he was more surprised than anything else. It was really awesome and fun for the both of us. He then told the baby that he or she needs to grow more so he can feel more kicks. Super cute.

Best moment of the week? Definitely when Chris felt a kick!!

Looking forward to? Well, this has nothing to do with pregnancy, but I am beyond excited for this weekend. Chris is going on a youth retreat all weekend. (the first youth retreat I won't be going on because I'm not a youth leader anymore -sad face!) So then I had the best idea EVER and invited my Mom and two sisters over to eat yummy food and watch Anne of Green Gables in our pajamas all weekend! I can't tell you how many times in my childhood there would be a marathon on PBS and we would all take a pajama day to watch it. So many good memories. SO excited.

Belly Button in or out? In 

Stretch marks? No

Nursery Progress? Nothing new, sadly..


Baby Loot: No more baby loot this week, but tons more maternity clothes. My mother in law completely spoiled me, and I got a lot of really beautiful tops when we went shopping this past weekend. I am so set!!


Funniest Pregnant Moment of the Week: Oh my goodness. You guys, this one had me laughing for at least an hour. I drove myself to work on Friday for the first time in a long while - Chris has been driving me and picking me up each day since the beginning of September. You can't blame me then, for forgetting by the end of the day that I had driven myself, right? So I was actually running a little late and rushing at the end of the day. As I was hurrying up with a few things away from my desk I was picturing Chris sitting there waiting for me. By the time I got up to my desk (expecting to find him) he wasn't there. I thought maybe he had decided to wait in the car- not completely uncommon. Plus, I know I saw the car as I walked past the doors on my way to my desk.... So I get my coat and head down to the car and see he's not in the car. Well that's weird, I think. Maybe he was in the washroom? I consider going back upstairs to wait for him, but then I realize I have the keys in my hand, so I think "Oh, I'll just go wait in the car...." Somewhere between that thought and the passenger side of the car I realized my mistake, and giggled all the way home!!!


Like what you've read? Consider following me on Bloglovin (button below), or you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!
Follow on Bloglovin





Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

1 comment: